Time & Location
About the Event
: Orlando, Florida, U.S.A. (The Fountains at Champions Gate)
: Annually, Last week of December~Last week of January
(During the 4 Weeks of Winter Vacation)
: 5th-8th graders, 60 spots available
Awana Excellence Award recipients (completed 2 books)
Cost for American Leaders
: Only a round trip airfare to Orlando, Florida, needed
Faith Training Programs
- Weekly revival services, group Bible study, daily devotions, Bible Verse memory time.
- Total of 10 Awana activities (games, large group time, small group time).
- Visit to Wycliffe Bible Translator Center and Cru (CCC) World Headquarters.
- Holy Land Experience, including a Bible themed musical at the exhibition hall and and museum tour.
- Attending Sunday worship at an American church and visiting a local Awana club.
- Self-control, consideration and leadership training through communal life.
English Study Program
1. ELL(English Language Learning) Program
Small-group classes: 2 YMI(Youth Mission International) English teachers and 10 students.
Learning Methods: Students rotate between classrooms with their small group, studying 6 different subjects.
Learning Content: Learning through various activities such as conversation, discussion, drawing, crafts, cooking, games, Bible Study, Bible memory, and writing a diary in English.
English Presentation: My Vision Presentation, English Bible Memory. Group presentations (making a drama)
Teacher's Role: Each class is under the care of 2 English teachers, affiliated with the YMI ministry.
2. Local School Visit Program: Visiting a Local Christian Private School
School Visit Field Trip: Participating in 2 classes at a local school.
Content: In groups of 5-6 students per class, students participate in school classes, study alongside American students, make presentations, join P.E. class, meet pen pals, make new friends, and more!
3. English Mission Project: On-the-Street Interviews with Locals
Survey Topics: Korean food, cities, impressions of Korea, filling out interview/activities mission log
Place: Disney Springs, NASA, Holy Land Experience, and various places such as local university campuses.
Culture Experience Program
1. Theme Park Visits
- Disney World: Located in central Florida, Walt Disney World Resort is the largest theme park in the world. It consists of four theme parks, two water parks, 32 theme hotels and resorts, and a large number of shopping, dining and entertainment areas.
- Universal Studio: Universal Orlando Resort is a theme park resort owned by NBC Universal in Orlando, Florida. It is the largest resort in Orlando and the second largest in the Orlando area after Walt Disney World. It consists of two theme parks, a water park, four hotels and a cinema complex.
- Kennedy Space Center (NASA): The John F. Kennedy Space Center, or the Kennedy Space Center, is a space launch facility and launch control center established by NASA on Brevard Merritt Island, Florida. The area is located near Cape Canaveral, between Miami and Jacksonville. The site is 55 kilometers long and 10 kilometers wide, with a total area of 567 square kilometers. There are about 13,500 staff members as of the beginning of 2008.
- Sea World: Sea World is a marine theme park in the United States. It currently operates three parks throughout the U.S.
- Holy Land Experience: More than 40 exhibits reproduce some of the most important scenes from the Bible. Visitors can see the Garden of Eden, the Last Supper, and of course, the procession of Jesus on the way to Calvary. The streets are decorated to replicate ancient Jerusalem, allowing tourists a special experience as they shop for food and souveniers inspired by Biblical times.
2. Outside Activities
- Sports, picnics, BBQ parties, visit to an orange farm, swimming, shopping, American home culture, Super Bowl parties, and more!